Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HUMP DAY AND BISCUITS !

I love HUMP DAY for 2 reasons...
reason #1..every other HUMP DAY I am off and
reason #2 every other HUMP DAY means only one more day to work until my Friday off...meaning a 3 day weekend!
Yes I know I am spoiled having to work only 4 days a week but I promise you this...
being a pediatric triage phone nurse takes it toll on ones nerves and sanity!
I don't know if I could actually do it 5 days in a row!
Perhaps I could but I would not be a nice person.
I pride myself in my job and I love doing what I do...just not 5 days a week!
This would be me...after those 5 days...


OR this?




Anyway...I am glad that tomorrow is MY Friday!
Now on to a great recipe!
My daughter-in-laws uncle makes these amazing biscuits that are to die for!
I searched and searched for his exact recipe and I forgot where I saved it.
So I found this one online and I am hoping the results are just as good!
They don't rise like regular buttermilk biscuits but I assure you,
they are mouthwatering!

SWEET POTATO BISCUITS




2 c. Bisquick
1 (16 oz.) can sweet potatoes
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg
OR
Dash of Pumpkin pie spice


Drain sweet potatoes, reserving liquid. Mash them on a plate, using a fork. Mix Bisquick and mashed potatoes. Add several dashes of the spice at this time, if desired. There should be about 1 cup of reserved liquid. Slowly add it to biscuit mixture while stirring, until it is the proper consistency for biscuits. You can add a little water, if needed.Sprinkle more Bisquick on counter top and knead biscuits a few times. Pat or roll them to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut the biscuits with round cookie cutter or the edge of a glass dipped in Bisquick.
Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.




No comments:

Post a Comment