Being a Ya Ya is so much fun!
We had an amazing weekend in St Francisville.
Good times, great family, yummy food and creating precious memories.
Doesn't get much better than that!
On to today's recipe...
Do you like Twinkies?
WHAT? YOU DON'T??
Well I do and IF you do, you will LOVE this recipe..
super simple and oh so good!
I borrowed it from a fellow blogger
- 1 box (of 10) Hostess Twinkies (9 for cake, one to have with coffee or tea)
- 4 large bananas, sliced
- 1 large can (20oz) crushed pineapple (drained, but not pressed dry. Keep a little of the juice for moisture.
- 1 large box Vanilla instant pudding (mixed with milk according to directions on box)
- 1 – 12 oz. Cool Whip (I just used the big size and had extra since it was a little more than 12 oz)
- Maraschino cherries and pecans for garnish (optional)
Remove Twinkie cakes from wrappers. Cut each in half lengthwise from top to bottom. Place Twinkie halves in 9 x 13 baking dish with cream side facing up. Layer sliced bananas, pineapple, pudding, and Cool Whip over Twinkies in that order. Sprinkle chopped cherries (drained well on paper towels) and chopped pecans over the top. Keep refrigerated. Cool and refreshing dessert with no heat in the kitchen.
This recipe was borrowed from