Tuesday, June 7, 2011

HEAT WAVE & FRUIT SALAD


OH EM GEE ! Is it hot or what???? Heat indexes here have been 102-104..I am SO glad I don't have to work outdoors and I feel so bad for my hubby and son who does : ( Or anyone who has to for that matter! I don't know how they do it. This would be me........
We have been praying for rain and a few of us got a small amount yesterday but no where near enough to end this drought!!! I am afraid if we pray too hard, it will start to rain and not stop OR God forbid we will get a hurricane!!! A small tropical storm would be a welcome reprieve tho! Being careful what I wish for here!!!

On Sunday, Rene' cooked lunch and Jordan and Kristen and Joshua, & Addie and Mike were all here. It was SO nice to have all my family here....made the heart feel so good and so blessed. Of course we cannot be around Joshua and NOT take any pictures. Here is one of Joshua and his Poppa....Oh how he smiles and coos for him...and Rene' just totally eats it up!

And now for a "light" recipe for you all. This is a Weight Watcher's recipe and its so light and cool. 1 serving is only 2 points!! What's not to like about that????

FESTIVE FRUIT SALAD



Ingredients:

1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
1 cup whole green grapes, washed and drained well
1 cup whole blueberries, washed and drained well
1 whole peach, peeled and cut into cubes
3 thin slices of fresh lemon for garnishing (optional)
4 cups yogurt, unflavored or WW Vanilla

How to: Mix all fruits and toss in 3 cups of yogurt. Set aside 1 cup of yogurt for toppings on salad per serving. Chill inside the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before eating.

Bonne Nuit...try to stay cool !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment