Thursday, April 21, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Heck I have NO idea how time gets away from me. I make these promises to myself that I will be a faithful blogger and before you know it a week...or two have passed and no blogging! It's not that I don't have things to blog about {God knows I do}.
It's just to sit down and collect my thoughts and type them.
Okay, I sound like I am making excuses...and actually I am. So on with the blogging.

Last week I celebrated my 40th birthday {it's MY birthday, I can lie if I want to}. It was such a nice day spent at my sister's house "in da country". She is SO talented and can decorate for any occasion you can think of !! She had her table all nice and pretty and yummy looking!


Yes...that IS homemade coconut cake you see there...she made that especially for moi {so she said...I heard through the grapevine that she was craving it too}. I cannot eat coconut cake without thinking about my Dad... I miss him so very much!!! He would have LOVED this cake....

I got to spend time with my sisters, Mom, nieces and their children....AND my children AND my sweet grandson.....be still my ♥ Life is good ! I also got TONS of birthday greetings from my Facebook friends and family. It wasn't so bad turning 40 after all {hee hee}.

This week is Holy Week and I feel so blessed. I found this quote "when life isn't a bed of roses, remember who wore the thorns"...so simple yet powerful. I need to try and remember, and live that. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Easter. I leave you with a picture of my own little Easter Peep.....OH HOW I LOVE HIM !

No comments:

Post a Comment