Monday, April 25, 2011

Hydrangeas and Strawberries

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We sure did...a day spent with family and loved ones...and some sweet smiles and kisses from my sweet baby Joshua! My hubby surprised me with a beautiful purple hydrangea...he listens to what I say after all {sometimes}. I would love to have an entire flower bed of different colored hydrangea's...maybe if I say that long enough, he will hear that too!! Isn't she purty?

I am off until Thursday and enjoying every single minute...doing as little or as much as I want to. Isn't that what one is supposed to do on time off? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Strawberries are abundant right now, along with blackberries. This strawberry pie is so simple and so yummy...perfect for an afternoon snack...very light and cool. ENJOY !

Strawberry Cream Pie



1-9 in. prepared deep-dish pie crust, baked (or a graham cracker crust)
1-16 oz. container fresh strawberries
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-8 oz. container whipped topping, divided

If you're using a regular pie crust, bake it until completely done. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla; blend well. Add half of the whipped topping to the cream cheese mixture and blend until smooth. Dice about 1/4 of the strawberries. It should equal about 3/4 of a cup of strawberries. Fold the diced strawberries into the cream cheese mixture. Spread the mixture into the prepared crust. Spread the remaining whipped topping on top of the cream cheese mixture. Slice the remaining strawberries and place on top of the whipped topping. Refrigerate until completely chilled.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite flowers...so beautiful!
    Thanks for this recipe....I'm def going to make this! Yumo!

    ReplyDelete