Wednesday, April 6, 2011

COOKING LIGHT? I THINK NOT

So much on my mind lately...thoughts just keep spinning through my head. I think I need a vacation....just a short get-a-away with no phones, no worries and no cares. HA what kind of fantasy is that? I can dream can't I? A dream is a wish your heart makes....blah blah blah!

OK maybe this will cheer me up. I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine and to be honest I have NO idea why this recipe would be featured in Cooking Light...there ain't nothing light about this one! I am definitely making these this weekend!!! It contains all of my fave ingredients so what's not to like about it? This recipe makes one sandwich...
you just multiply it to make as many as your lil heart desires.

GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SPLIT SANDWICH


Ingredients

  • 2 (1-ounce) slices firm white sandwich bread, divided
  • 1 teaspoon butter, softened
  • 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon semisweet chocolate mini chips
  • 1 large strawberry, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 small banana, cut lengthwise into 3 slices (about 2 ounces)
  • 1 tablespoon pineapple jam

Preparation

Spread one side of each white bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
Combine peanut butter and honey; spread over plain side of 1 bread slice.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips; top evenly with strawberry slices and banana slices.

Spread pineapple jam over plain side of remaining bread slice.
Carefully assemble sandwich.

Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment