Sunday, January 18, 2015

GEAUX GREENBAY & EASY KING CAKE!

So today I was a cheesehead...meaning I was rooting for Green Bay to beat the pants off of Seattle. Well not literally but you know what I mean! Of course I would much rather be rooting for my Saints but yeah...we won't go there!!! I so would have loved to see GreenBay make it all the way to SuperBowl champs...boooooo Seattle!
We are finally getting some decent weather here, still a little chilly, but sunny and dry for a change! I am sure that will change as the week goes on so enjoy it while you can!

Unlike "most" people, we are not off tomorrow...UGH! It would be nice to have a Monday off but then Tuesday would become Monday..the folks that work with me knows what I mean. To all of you who are off...whatever!


Soon Mardi Gras will be upon us...."throw me something mister" ! I used to love Mardi Gras when I was younger. Rene' and I used to take off for NOLA when he would get off of work and make as many parades as we could...sometimes 3-4 nights in a row! Now you would not catch him near NOLA for Mardi Gras. Me? if there was a bathroom close by...you bet I'd be there. Ahhhh signs of getting old...plotting out where the nearest bathroom is! Last year we did not go to 1 parade...not even local. Can't say I missed it...it was cold and rainy if I remember right. This year...not sure yet!


...the house is finally all de-Christmas-ized and most of it put away. I kind of miss my tree being up. Thought about keeping it up and decorating for each season...Poppa said Ummm no. Thats okay, I'll just keep decorating my mantle.


Have a wonderful week!

20 MINUTE KING CAKE-(AKA KING CAKE MONKEY BREAD)



4 tubes refrigerator biscuits
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 cups sugar, separated
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup butter
Mix the cinnamon with 3/4 cup sugar. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and roll in sugar cinnamon mix. Layer with nuts in tube pan. Mix 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk and butter in saucepan; bring to boil and pour over the biscuits. Bake at 350 degree F. for 30 minutes or until it looks done.  Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then invert onto a plate.

For the Icing:
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Colored sprinkles (purple, green, yellow)
Mix the sugar, cream, and vanilla together. Spread over warm monkey bread. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment