Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 AND FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE


2015 - how in the heck did that happen?

 Seems like we just celebrated 2014! Although 2014 was not a wonderful year, I am still here, waking up each morning...so I am not complaining.

6 things that I did not like about 2014...
1. Way too much family turmoil...broke my heart.
2. Too much drama at work...no teamwork..too much backstabbing!
3. I did not keep my resolution to lose some weight and get healthier...all my own fault.
4. Witnessed some people that I love very much, in so much pain, and not knowing how to help them.
5. Seeing my husband struggle with a broken leg....so hard to keep him in one place!
6. I turned 60 !

I guess that list isn't too bad...

6 thinks I did like about 2014....
1. Seeing my girl happy again with a smile on her face! Thanks Brenan!!
2. Witnessing the magic and mind of a 3 year old and all the sweet things he does!
3. Being able to take not 1 but 2 vacations...to the beach and to Disneyworld!!!
4. Having all my chickies close by...one in my back yard and one 2 streets away!
5. Seeing healing begin in my family...on many levels!
6. I turned 60 with an amazing surprise birthday party!!!!

So I guess bring it on 2015...it can only get better from here on out right? I guess the saying is true..it's all about the attitude! 

What are your wishes for the new year?

If you like fruit cocktail then you will love this cake! Jordan made this for a competition when he was in 4-H many many years ago and won a blue ribbon!!

FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE

 Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
                           
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x9 inch square baking pan.                            2.Combine the flour, white sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla and undrained fruit cocktail. Mix until blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the brown sugar.                           
3.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm.   




No comments:

Post a Comment