Saturday, September 29, 2012

RAINY SATURDAY & SWEET POTATO BISCUITS

It's a quiet rainy Saturday here. There's something about rainy Saturdays that I simply love. I am not even sure what it is, but its serene and comforting...I guess that is unless one has plans for outdoor activities! Then I guess it's not so cool! I am thinking about a trip to Hobby Lobby in search of fall decor...that could be trouble!! 
It's been quite a stressful week at work, new computer system, lots of sick kiddies, long hours! And just when you think you can't do it another day, you get a comment like this one on Facebook that I got last night....


HER - are u working tomorrow?
 ME -Lord I just got this...sorry! Good seeing you today and glad all is well !!!

HER -thanks me too!! i just wanted to make sure u were there bc i trust your opinion so much when it comes to cannon! thank you for that!! 
ME -Aww ty Maggie...you just made my day! Glad I can be there for you...I love my job

That just makes my stress disappear! And I really DO love what I do!
I can't imagine going to a job day after day that you really don't like and that you don't get some satisfaction out of it. I know its not always simple to just change jobs but at some point in your life, you have to find peace in  your work because when you think about it, you spend almost all of your waking hours there. So I thank God that I am able to do what I love doing with people that I love spending my day with!

OK - off to Hobby Lobby I go. Have a blessed weekend. I leave you with a yummy recipe. 

SWEET POTATO BISCUITS

 


 INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup whole milk
1 cup baked, mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium potato)
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), frozen
Heavy cream for brushing the tops

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.  Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.  In a separate large bowl, mix together milk and mashed sweet potato until evenly combined.
Grate frozen butter through the large holes of a box grater and toss with dry ingredients until butter is coated.  Add milk mixture and mix lightly until dough forms a shaggy mass.
Turn out mixture onto a floured surface and knead just until it comes together.  (The dough will not be smooth.)
Pat into a circle and use a floured rolling pin to roll dough to a thickness of about 3/4 inch.  Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or glass, cut the dough into rounds.  Gather leftover dough into a circle, reroll, and cut until you have 8 large biscuits.
Place biscuits on a baking sheet, brush tops with heavy cream, and bake until the bottoms are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment