Friday, September 30, 2011

WEEKENDS AND ET FOOD



OH how I love the weekends...and this weekend will be g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s.! It is supposed to feel like fall, and you all know that I LOVE FALL! What? You didn't know that??? Hmmm then shame on you, you must not read my blog thru and thru! Anyway, I do love fall...I have said it before and never tire saying it, but it reminds me of my Dad so much. It also reminds me of when we got married....actually this Tuesday, Oct 4, will be our 36th wedding anniversary! HOLY CRAP...36 years! That is my entire adult life!!!! Like any couple married that long, we have had our ups and downs, but in the end, we know that we love one another and wouldn't have it any other way. When we first got married, Rene' was working @ the sugar mill and it was the busiest time of the year for sugar cane farmers. So needless to say, the smell of sugar cane burning, brings back many memories. And I wouldn't change a thing!
Now onto today's recipe...if you love chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter, then you will love this recipe! The Reese's peanut butter chips gives it a nice crunch when you bite into them....they also remind me of the movie ET! OH how my boys loved that movie! They watched it over and over again. Anyway, here is the recipe...make some this weekend...your kids will love you for it!
Have a wonderful fall weekend!!!

Chocolate Peanut Buddy Bars



1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) chocolate chips, divided
1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter candies
3 Reese's Peanut butter Cups (chopped in chunks)

Preheat oven to 350ยบ F.

Beat peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in flour and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels.
Spread into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.


Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Sprinkle the Reese's Peanut Butter candies and chopped Peanut butter cups on top.
Melt the remaining chocolate chips and swirl over the top.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.






No comments:

Post a Comment