Thursday, September 1, 2011

STORMS


Well folks there's a storm a brewing in our gulf of Mexico! It's not a named storm just yet, but they are expecting it to be named later this evening. There is hustle and bustle everywhere...folks go into panic mode at the first mention of "storm", especially "storm in gulf". There is water to be bought, batteries to charge, candles ready, gas for the generator, and last but not least...lots of essentials to buy...such as...Lil Debbies, Oreos, Viennna Sausage, Potted Meat, Lil Debbies, bread, sandwich meat, Lil Debbies and lets not forget...Lil Debbies. Hey it's a hurricane staple!!! So we are ready.
I remember when I was a little girl, when there was a storm coming, you better get out of my Dad's way...he was on a mission and God forbid you were in the way! It was kind of exciting, in a strange sort of way. Now as an adult...having been thru several bad storms...I am that person on a mission...well more so my hubby than I. And God forbid you get in his way....thank goodness I am just in charge of getting....yep you guessed it...Lil Debbies ! It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!
Stay safe my friends......

No comments:

Post a Comment