Saturday, August 6, 2011

WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE !




I recently found some old family pictures and posted them on Facebook. OH MY how they brought back some wonderful memories! And you know, no matter what happens in your life, no one can ever take your memories from you...they are yours to keep, close to your heart.

Tattered 'round the edges,
And faded now with time;
Memories that linger still,
Are what they left behind.
Like a precious package,
Kept in a secret room,
Each memory a treasure,
A family heirloom.

On rare and quiet occasions
The package opens wide;
revealing then the memories,
That nestle there inside.
Faces etched in memories
Like photos from the past;
each snapshot printed in the heart,
Are memories that last.

Worn and ragged photographs,
So faded now with time;
Yet the lasting love deep in your heart,
Is what they left behind.

Allison Chambers Coxsey

Sharing some of my memories....


My Dad and I on my wedding day...1975

Joshua...our first born...he was 3 in this picture and it is one of my favorites of him.
I miss him so very much
Jordan..he was a year old in this picture and he is now 27 and a father himself...
a wonderful father !
And my baby, Addie! She was about a year old in this picture.
She will be 20 in less than a month.
She does so much for me, I don't know if I could ever repay her.
She is my sunshine!


And now onto a recipe....

SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE




3 cans Pillsbury butter crescent rolls
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter (melted)
Cinnamon & sugar

Instructions:
Unroll and spread 1 & 1/2 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased pan.
Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
Spread mixture over crescent rolls.
Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture.
Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment