Monday, May 23, 2016

SUMMER 2016....begins


Poor little neglected blog! 
The last posting was when school was beginning last August! And now here we are, school is letting out for the summer once again. I really need to be more attentive to this little blog! Not sure where my blogging "meaux-jeaux" has gone, but I will dig deep and try to find it once again. When I first started this thing called blogging, it was supposed to be a release of my thoughts...just like I used to journal, just not on paper anymore. It was much easier on paper...probably because what I wrote down were my thoughts for my eyes only, whereas in the blogging world, anyone could see/read it. I found myself having problems writing some of my true feelings...in fear of hurting someone else? Not sure, but I do know that I need to learn to be true to myself and if I want to get something off my chest, then so be it. I would never intentionally hurt anyone...but at my age (none of your business) I do have to be true to myself and my own feelings. 
So let the blogging begin....once again!

It has been a year of many changes in our lives. Addie has become a full time Mommy to the sweetest little girl and she does a wonderful job at it. She loves Kylee so much...we all do and are so happy to have her as a part of our lives! 

Jordan has been working in Trinidad for a few months now. Do I like it? Heck no, but he had to do what was best for his family. They are adjusting really well...we just really miss him when he is gone for 28 days and this Momma hen worries like there is no tomorrow....it's my job! As you all know the oil industry has taken a nose dive and there is no recovery soon in site...Addie and Brenan are both out of work and looking...prayers that they find something soon. Rene' has been working out of town quite a bit....he hates it and so do I, but again, you do what you have to do to survive. 
Me? I am beginning to see just a glimmer of retirement in my future!!


 Joshua and Kylee both just graduated from Pre K and Kindergarten. They are both growing so quickly...time needs to slow down just a bit! We try to savor each day and spend as much time together as we can.

We recently added a nice big patio and we spend most of our weekends outdoors...from morning until evening! We also put up a huge pool for them to enjoy. LOVE having my chickies nearby...so for the most part....life is good! We are blessed!


STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE SALAD



  Ingredients

1 box (3.4 oz.) cheesecake or white chocolate pudding mix
12 oz whipped topping
3 (6 oz) containers strawberry yogurt
1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
3 bananas, sliced (add just before serving or they brown)
3 cups miniature marshmallows (optional) 
  Instructions

Place the whipped topping, pudding mix and yogurt into a large bowl. Whisk together. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving (at least an hour).
When you are ready to serve, slice the strawberries and bananas.
Remove whipped cream/pudding mixture from refrigerator and gently fold in strawberries, bananas and marshmallows, and stir gently to combine.
Serve immediately.






No comments:

Post a Comment