So you hear the news of someones passing...someone you didn't know personally, but felt like you did. Your first reaction is disbelief .."this can't be true". I just listened to him speak 2 days ago on my way to work...it can't be true? Then you find out that it is true...and your heart is so sad. Sad at the loss of such a wonderful, giving person...sad for his daughter and family...sad for his co-workers, who were such a close group of friends/co-workers. Sad for anyone who listened to him daily...and sad for his wonderful charities that he so loved! Once the sadness sets in, you begin to think about how happy he made so many people, just by talking to you on your way to work...being an amazing Dad....an awesome co-worker...and all of those special children who benefited from Kidds Kids! The legacy he leaves behind will shine, just as the life he lived. His last hours were spent doing what he loved to do and with people who meant so much to him.
Godspeed Kidd....the airwaves are all yours now!
On a much lighter note...my new little logo business seems to be taking off!
I have so far created 3 new logos and have another in the works.
Please keep in mind that I can create a logo for any business venture you have...
not just baking. It just so happens that the ones I have created so
far are for bakers...from a recommendation from my sister!
Here are the latest....
So if you are in need of a logo creation, business card, etc...just send me an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be more than happy to create for you !
Here is an amazing little dessert for you to try..if you love bananas and pineapple, you will love this loaf cake!!
PINEAPPLE BANANA HUMMINGBIRD LOAF
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (20 oz.) Crushed Pineapple, juice drained and 1 cup reserved
- 2 medium,ripe bananas, well mashed
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of Milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the Icing
- Heat oven to 350° Grease and flour 5 mini loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, cinnamon, reserved pineapple juice, eggs and oil and mix on medium for 2 minutes, or until well blended. Fold in crushed pineapple, bananas.
- Pour batter evenly into 5 loaf pans. Bake 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- While loaves are baking, make icing. Use a small bowl and combine softened cream cheese with milk and sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle Cream Cheese Icing over cooled loaves.
recipe from Dole. This recipe is for mini loaves, if you would like to make it in a 8" or 9" loaf pan, I have not done this, but I would think you would be able to get 2 loafs, and I would check for doneness around 60 minutes.
Check out her blog....she makes delicious goodies!