Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013 & Banana Pudding



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Although I think everyday should be Mother's Day....just sayin'! As we get older, we realize all the sacrifices our Mom's made and how unconditional their love is for us...and all the hell we put them through! Sorry Mom! I am proud of my Mom...she worked really hard when we were young kids...had 5 children by the time she was 30, and going to nursing school while raising 5 young children, and working at the same time! I know that could not have been easy for her, but she did it, and is one of the best nurses I have ever met. She and I did not always see eye to eye...especially in my teenage years...but I knew she loved me and she knew that I loved her.When I finished high school, I wanted to get as far away from her and Thibodaux (my dinky home town) as I could. So I joined the National Guards...without her or my Dad knowing about it. To say they were shocked is an understatement! But I was hell bound and determined to do this. I was away at boot camp for 2 weeks....and let me just say this...O M G !I was on the phone every chance I could get, crying, begging for her to do something to get me back home!!! Trust me, putting up with your Mom when you are 17-18 is nothing compared to boot camp! I stuck it out and completed boot camp...by the hardest. Then I was lucky enough to be able to return home and complete my training working at our local National Guard Armory. I was so happy to see my Mom....and I actually saw her in a different light. I think I kind of grew up while at boot camp! Don't get me wrong, I was still a rebel...but I appreciated what I had at home! THEN I got married...and had children. WOW now I REALLY appreciated my Mom! There is nothing like becoming a Mom to make one realize how much you actually put your parents through! So on this Mother's Day, I am here to say....Mom, I am sorry! But even more than being sorry, I want to say Thank You! I would like to think that I am the Mom, Nurse and YaYa that I am today, because of your guidance, strength, faith & love! Being a Mom is a tough job, but one I wouldn't change for anything in the world!

My Mom....
My sweet children - the ones who call ME Mom....

And my sweet sweet grandson - the one who calls me YaYa

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!



A few Mom-isms


A little soap & water never killed anybody.
Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.
Am I talking to a brick wall?
Are you going out dressed like that?
As long as you live under my roof, you’ll do as I say.
Beds are NOT made for jumping on.
Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
Did you brush your teeth?
Did you clean your room?
Did you comb your hair?
Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?
Don’t ask me WHY. The answer is NO.
Don’t cross your eyes or they’ll freeze that way.
Don’t eat that, you’ll get worms!
Don’t EVER let me catch you doing that again!
Don’t make me come in there!
Don’t sit too close to the television, it’ll ruin your eyes.
Don’t talk with your mouth full!
Don’t use that tone with me!
Don’t walk away when I’m talking to you!
Life isn’t fair
Go ask your father.
Go play outside! It’s a beautiful day!
Go to your room and think about what you did!
How can you have nothing to wear? Your closet is FULL of clothes!
If I’ve told you once … I’ve told you a thousand times.
If you don’t stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!
If you’re too sick to go to school, you’re too sick to play outside.
I’ll treat you like an adult when you start acting like one.
I’m doing this for your own good.
It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s that I don’t trust everyone else.
I’ve had it up to here with you.
Life isn’t fair.
Look at me when I’m talking to you.
Money does NOT grow on trees.
Over my dead body!
Turn that racket (music) down!
Watch your language!
What part of NO don’t you understand?
When I was a little girl…
When I was your age…
When you have kids of your own you’ll understand.
When you have your own house then you can make the rules!
Where do YOU think you’re going?
Who do you think you’re talking to?
Why? Because I SAID so, that’s why!
You’ll understand when you’re older.
You’re going to put your eye out with that thing!



This is our dessert for this afternoon....yummy, can't wait to dig in!
This dessert reminds me of our younger days...nobody could make it like Mom!

BANANA PUDDING

 Ingredients:
                                                   
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 bananas, sliced
1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
                           
     Directions:
1.In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. 
 Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. 
 Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.   
                        
2.Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. 
Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. 
Spread with pudding mixture.
 Top with remaining whipped topping.
Chill. 





No comments:

Post a Comment