Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sundays, My Dad & Paula Deen Desserts

It is an absolutely beautiful Sunday here...cool temps, sunshine and a slight breeze. Reminds me of my Daddy so much! And just as I was thinking about how much this weather reminds me of my Dad, I sign online to check facebook and lo and behold, there is a video that my sister made in honor of my Dad, that I have seen countless times. My mom commented on it today, so it made it show up in my newsfeed...so once again, I watched it...and O M G the tears just flowed. I miss him so so much...we all do. I know everyone says they have the best Dad in the world but I kid you not...we do! Sure he had his faults (don't we all). But he was just the best...he worked hard, played hard (ha) and loved hard. We are all products of his love and a little bit like him in each our own way. I hope he is looking down on us and is proud of the adults we have all become. I know I am so proud to be called his daughter.
This is a family picture from 1982 - a western Halloween party at my sister's house...ha, this just cracks me up!

Family traditions are so special and so important....make sure you don't forget the little things that one day will be looked back on as the big things!

This is a Paula Deen recipe....easy to make and sinfully delicious!

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes


Ingredients
Cake:
  • 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 8 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer.
 Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
To make the filling: 
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
 Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. 
Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. 
 Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.  
Check on them after about 35 minutes so you make sure not to overbake them. 
The center should be a little gooey.  
 Let the pan cool completely before you cut the squares. 
 Dust them with powdered sugar to make them extra pretty before serving them.








2 comments:

  1. Family traditions are so special and so important....make sure you don't forget the little things that one day will be looked back on as the big things!

    AS BIG AS RANDY'S HAT!!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks.....if I had the fixings I would have that lemon cake dessert in the oven!!! Keep up your blogging. Never mind that they are not always up and up......life is not that way. And we all have up/downs. Comments that are ALWAYS up/up make those who are down feel really trampled on and not understood. But when one realizes there are others who are not too high out of reach, it validates their feelings, brings realization that others are there too and can lift spirits ........ so keep on blogging!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete