Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday's and Watergate Salad

So after having Joshua here for the last 3 days, I am missing him so much today! It's amazing how a little one can turn your world upside down and bring you so much joy simply by being in the same room! Not to mention all the hugs and kisses he gives...and lets not forget his new word "HI" as he puts that hand up to wave. He says it over and over again...and I never tire of it!

I wish I could retire now and keep him everyday....but that ain't happening! BUT boy if I could, I would! OH and it's true what "they" say...you become really goofy when you become a grandparent! But we love every single minute and would not change one thing! Can ya tell that I am crazy about this kid? Yeah, I thought so! 

The other day I was craving Watergate Salad...y'all remember that green stuff? I'm not quite sure why it's called a salad..its more like a light airy dessert. Did you ever wonder why it's called Watergate Salad? Well I wondered too so I did what millions of others do...I Googled it and here it is....Watergate salad was a concoction thought up by a soux chef at the Watergate Hotel. It was then served at brunch on most weekends. Watergate Salad took off in popularity during and after the presidential scandal which shares the same name . I have not had it for many years and I have no idea what made me crave it. I plan on making some tomorrow and if no one else likes it, oh well...more for me! Here's the recipe....just in case you don't have a clue as to what I am talking about. This reminds me of my dear friend Lorna...she used to make it all the time. Maybe I will share it with her....
ENJOY!

WATERGATE SALAD


Ingredients

    • 1 (4 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
    • 1 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
    • 1 cup miniature marshmallows
    • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
    • 1 3/4 cups non-dairy whipped topping, thawed

Directions

  1. Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl until well blended.
  2. Gently stir in whipped topping.
  3. Refrigerate one hour or until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment