And today doesn't look much better!
I saw the cutest idea the other day - on Pinterest of course- If your kiddies love
peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwiches....and you have left over
hot dog buns...why not make this for them...
Is that not just too clever????
Heck this would make an awesome nutritious breakfast as well
as afternoon snack! GREAT late night snack for us older folks too! Altho we were always
told not to eat bananas too late...something about digesting them blah blah blah. Never stopped me
and I digested them just fine!
Today I am sharing a simple buy yummy recipe for a
- 1 pound dried rotini pasta
- kosher salt
- 1 pound hot or mild ground Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season liberally with salt, about 1 tablespoon. Cook pasta for 6-7 minutes. Strain. Pasta will be firm.
- In a large skillet brown Italian sausage, about 5 minutes. Strain.
- In the same pan you cooked the sausage stir together bell pepper, red onion, mushrooms and pepperoni. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables soften. Return sausage to pan. Stir to combine. Add in pasta and pizza sauce. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- To bake pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 glass casserole dish. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove. Top 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was borrowed from