Saturday, May 19, 2012

LITTLE KNOWN FACTS AND PINEAPPLE COBBLER

One of my fellow bloggers issued a challenge...to write a blog post listing 10 things that most people don't know about you. So I figured...why not...this could be fun. SO here goes...

10 THINGS MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME:

1. I have a fear of movie theaters...silly I know. And the sad fact is that I am not even sure WHY!!

2. When I was 18 I joined the La National Guards. One of the first female guardsman in Louisiana!
     I just wanted to get away from home and spread my wings.....

3. 2 weeks into boot camp, I was crying to come back home!!!!

4. I always write with a gel-pen.....always! And the finer the point, the happier I am!

5. When I was 2 years old, I had polio and was in the hospital for 9 weeks...most of those weeks were spent 
     in quarantined. Maybe that's why I have separation anxiety!

6. See above - I think sometimes I have separation anxiety.

7. I love pineapple...LOVE it!

8. I sang and played guitar for my high school graduation! Still can't believe I did that!

9. I have to fall asleep on my left side.

10. I am absolutely crazy about my grandson, Joshua! But of course anyone that knows me, already knows
      that!! What some of you may not know is that he was named after our son, Joshua, who passed away 
      in 1993. He has brought such joy into our lives and has helped to fill in that part of our circle that has 
      been missing for 19 years.

Now, don't you feel like you know me a little better? HA! Pretty exciting life I lead huh?

And now for a yummy recipe for you.Since I mentioned how much I LOVE pineapple, here is a simple little 
Pineapple Cobbler...ENJOY!

PINEAPPLE COBBLER

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract; stir until mixture forms a smooth batter. Gently stir in butter.
Spread batter evenly in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (it will be a very thin layer) and scatter pineapple chunks evenly over batter.
Bake until pineapple has fallen to bottom of pan and top is puffed and golden brown and springs back slightly when touched in middle, 25 minutes. Cool cobbler slightly and then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment