Monday, May 28, 2012

KNEE UPDATE AND A YUMMY SWEET PIZZA

OK..I did not chicken out (no pun intended). Last Tuesday I saw my orthopedist and had the Synvisc injection in my knee. Those close to me knows how much I was deathly afraid dreading it, but I knew I had to give it a shot (ha another pun) if I wanted to get some relief! My hubby came with me for moral support (actually he came with me to make sure I went). As I sat on the table waiting for the handsome young Dr to come in, I started to sweat and felt like I was going to barf. Luckily I didn't!  He came in and assured me it wasn't going to hurt one bit, that I may just feel a little pressure. Because he is so good looking, I decided to trust him!!! And guess what? It didn't hurt at all! A little pressure yes, but no pain at all!!! Now I just have to wait up to 4 weeks to see if its going to work. I pray it does! The next morning I had a small bruise and some soreness but nothing to complain about. I did have this urge to do the chicken dance tho! HA HA! OK for those of you who think I am crazy...let me explain that. This injection is made  from a chicken's comb...among a few other things. I am serious! 


Hence, the chicken dance!! If it works, I don't care if it comes from the chickens rear end!!!! AND if it works, I will be having it done to my other knee in about 6 weeks! 

 Now for a delicious recipe....
Rocky Road Cookie Pizza! Yep, I said pizza...super easy and so good!

ROCKY ROAD COOKIE PIZZA



INGREDIENTS:
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup caramel topping
DIRECTIONS:
  • Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-inch pizza pan with shortening or cooking spray. In pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown
  • Sprinkle marshmallows, peanuts and chocolate chips evenly over crust. Drizzle with caramel topping.
  • Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until topping is melted. Cool completely, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment