The best of both worlds...cheesecake AND pralines !!!!
For the crust:
For the filling:
- 24 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- ½ cup of pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crust and press into a 10-inch spring form pan.
- Combine cream cheese and brown sugar using a mixer until creamy. When thoroughly mixed, beat in the eggs one at a time, being careful not to over mix.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes. Cheesecake should be observed closely after 45 minutes to avoid over baking. Do not open the oven door, as this will allow cracks to form on the top of the cheesecake. When cheesecake is done, it will be brown on top, and the middle section will be the same height as the outer edges.
- After baking, remove cheesecake from oven and gently run a knife around outer edges of pan. Cool the cheesecake on a rack away from any heat.