This is along the lake that is right behind the cabin we stayed at...
The cabin we stayed at...it was SO nice
The famous Magnolia Cafe...love the purple and gold pig!
One of the many antique shops. This used to be a bank many years ago..
an old abandoned high school that was built in 1907
Of course our American Flag...
wrought iron fences and brick sidewalks everywhere
Inside one of the many shops
and the yummy food Addie prepared for us...
If you ever get the chance to visit St. Francisville....you won't be disappointed!
And now for a light, cool and yummy recipe!
Banana Split Icebox Cake
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Toppings: chocolate syrup, halved fresh strawberries and additional banana slices
- In a large bowl, mix the whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix
- until blended; fold in pineapple. Cut a small hole in the corner of
- a pastry or plastic bag; fill with pudding mixture.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange four crackers in a rectangle. Pipe
- about 1 cup pudding mixture over crackers; top with about 1/4 cup
- banana slices. Repeat layers five times. Cover and refrigerate
- Before serving, top with chocolate syrup, strawberries and banana
- slices. Yield: 10 servings.