Sunday, February 20, 2011

BABY WEEK !!!!!!!

O.M.G. I cannot believe I haven't blogged at all this month!! Shame on me! Work has been so very busy and by the time I get home, all I want to do is relaxxxxx.
No excuse, I know...but it is what it is.
I am SO excited...this week we will have a baby! YES ! On Wednesday, the Dr is putting Kristen in to induce. As of Thursday this past week, he weighed about 8lbs 5oz ...that's one big baby! We are all so excited and cannot wait to meet our sweet baby Joshua. So bittersweet, but so honored that they decided to name him Joshua. Makes me so proud!!! I will be sure to post pictures as soon as I have them. Please keep Kristen in your prayers for an easy delivery!

Now onto a delicious and simple cake. I LOVE lemon and this cake is bursting with lemon! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do !

LEMON POPPY SEED CAKE



1 box lemon cake mix

1 cup water

1/2 cup vegetable oil

3 eggs

2 tablespoons poppy seed

1/2 cup lemon frosting


  1. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
  2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir poppy seed into batter. Pour into pan.
  3. Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn upside down onto heatproof serving plate. Remove pan; cool cake completely, about 1 hour. Store loosely covered.
  4. In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on Medium (50%) 15 seconds. Spread over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Store loosely covered.
Makes 16 serving


No comments:

Post a Comment