Don't you just love quiet Saturday afternoons? I sure do! Almost everyone from La is waiting for LSU kickoff tonight, sporting their purple and gold. Tiger fans take their football very serious...just as Saints fans do! I am so ready for the regular season to begin....and I just know we will squash those dirty birds in our Superdome!!Eeeeek...cannot wait!
What are your plans for this Labor Day weekend? Its hot here, no rain in sight...typical south Louisiana August/Sept weather. Which can only mean one thing...I am spending my weekend indoors in the AC! I do not sweat well. Tomorrow morning we are heading to Cypress Bayou Casino for a little gambling..spending the night and just having a little bit of fun for Addie's 22nd birthday! Might even have a nice juicy steak at Mr Lester's!
Whatever you are doing this weekend, be safe...and have fun!
Here is a little appetizer that is simple to make and is HUGE on taste...perfect for a
MEXICAN CORN DIP
- 1 can Mexican corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- (if you don't like black beans, just use 2 cans of corn, drained)
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1/4 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder (or 1/4 chopped onion)
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Serve with Fritos corn chips and/or tortilla chips
Mix all ingredients, let cool for a couple of hours...overnight is even better. Serve with Fritos or tortilla chips!