Here are just a few pictures from the HOLIDAY's..
|Mike and Addie|
|Kristen - Jordan - Joshua|
|See my Joshua's picture in the background? : )|
|What a sweet face huh?|
|He got the hang of that remote control really quick!|
|Couldn't you just squeeze him?|
|Yes...he rules the roost!|
|Christmas breakfast compliments of Poppa|
|And the day ended with a little jig !|
I have tons more, but I won't bore you with ALL of them!
And now we prepare for Mardi Gras....
Throw me something mister!
Easy Peasy King Cake
Make your own King Cake with this easy recipe
- 1 can of cinnamon rolls, with icing
- 3/4 cup of sugar, separated into 3 parts of 1/4 each food coloring
- plastic baby (available at most party stores)
The traditional King Cake is made from twisted strands of cinnamon dough, topped with icing, and sprinkled with purple, green, and gold colored sugar. Here is an quick and simple take on the traditional recipe.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and roll them out by hand so that they look like hot dogs. Then attached them by pinching the ends together into one long roll and shape into an oval by closing the ends together with another pinch. Place on a cookie sheet. Cook as directed.
- While it is cooking, use food coloring to dye sugar. Make one part purple using blue and red, one part green, and one part gold using yellow.
- When the cake is finished cooking, ice the top with the white icing. Then sprinkle the different colors of sugars alternating as you go around the oval. Enjoy!!